PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY
This CYTRIO terms of Service applies to the use of any product, service or website provided by us (CYTRIO), whether we provide it directly or use another party to provide it to you (each, a “CYTRIO Service”). CYTRIO, Inc. Terms of Service is a contract that governs our customers’ use of the CYTRIO service. We cannot provide the CYTRIO Service unless you agree to them. By using the CYTRIO Service, you are agreeing to these terms.
CYTRIO Terms of Service consists of the following:
Master Terms: These contain the core legal and commercial terms that apply to your subscription
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP): This explains what you can and can’t do while using CYTRIO Service.
Your Order Form contains all of the details about your purchase, including your subscription term, products purchased and your fees.
We tried to keep these documents as readable as possible, but in some cases for legal reasons, some of the language is necessarily “legalese”. By using the Subscription Service or receiving other Services, you are agreeing to these terms. We update these terms from time to time. Please visit our web site regularly for updates to this policy.
- Use of Services
- Term & Termination
- Customer Data
- Intellectual Property
- Disclaimers and Liability
Appendix 1: Additional Coverage Terms
“Add-Ons” means additional data sources and data storage that are made available for purchase.
“Agreement” or “Terms of Service” means these Master Terms and all materials referred to in here.
“Billing Period” means the period for which you agree to prepay fees under an Order Form. This may be the same length as the Subscription Term specified in the Order Form, or it may be shorter.
“Confidential Information” means all confidential information disclosed by a party (“Disclosing Party”) to the other party (“Receiving Party”), whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential. Confidential Information includes all information concerning: the Disclosing Party’s customers and potential customers, past, present or proposed products, marketing plans, engineering and other designs, technical data, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, and the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, (iii) is received from a third party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party, or (iv) was independently developed by the Receiving Party. Subject to the foregoing exclusions, Customer Data will be considered Confidential Information under this Agreement regardless of whether or not it is designated as confidential.
“Contact Information” means the name, email address, phone number, online user name(s), telephone number, and similar information submitted on the Subscription Service or uploaded by you to the Subscription Service.
“Consulting Services” means the professional services provided to you by us, which may include training services, advisory, installation, integration or other consulting services.
“Customer Data” means all information that you submit or collect via the Subscription Service. Customer Data does not include CYTRIO Content.
“Free Trial Services” means the Subscription Service made available by us to you on an unpaid trial basis.
“CYTRIO Content” means all information, data, text, messages, software, sound, music, video, photographs, graphics, images, and tags that we incorporate into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services.
“Order” or “Order Form” means the CYTRIO-approved form by which you agree to subscribe to the Subscription Service and or purchase Consulting Services.
“Personal Data” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual where such information is contained within Customer Data and is protected similarly as personal data or personally identifiable information under applicable Data Privacy Laws.
“Product Specific Terms” means the additional product-related terms that apply to your use of CYTRIO products, our consulting services and Third party Services. These terms form part of the Agreement and can be found at https://cytrio.com/legal/termsofservice#product-specific-terms.
“Sensitive Information” means credit or debit card numbers; financial account numbers or wire instructions; government issued identification numbers (such as Social Security numbers, passport numbers), biometric information, personal health information (or other information protected under any applicable health data protection laws), personal information of children protected under any child data protection laws, and any other information or combinations of information that falls within the definition of “special categories of data” under GDPR or CCPA or any other applicable law relating to privacy and data protection.
“Subscription Fee” means the amount you pay for the Subscription Service.
“Subscription Service” means our data privacy compliance applications, tools and platforms that you have subscribed to under an Order Form or that we otherwise make available to you, and are developed, operated, and maintained by us, accessible via https://cytrio.com/ or another designated URL, and any ancillary products and services, including Privacy Center hosting, that we provide to you.
“Subscription Term” means the initial term of your subscription to the applicable Subscription Service, as specified on your Order Form(s), and each subsequent renewal term (if any). For Free Trial Services, the Subscription Term will be the period during which you have an account to access the Free Trial Services.
“Third-Party Products” means non-embedded products and professional services that are provided by third parties which interoperate with or are used in connection with the Subscription Service.
“Total Committed Subscription Value” means the aggregate amount of Subscription Fees paid or payable to us during your then-current Subscription Term(s) for all of your CYTRIO accounts, but this amount excludes fees for renewals, Consulting Services and applicable taxes.
“Users” means your employees, representatives, consultants, contractors or agents who are authorized to use the Subscription Service for your benefit and have unique user identifications and passwords for the Subscription Service.
“CYTRIO”, “we”, “us” or “our” means the applicable contracting entity as specified in the ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’ section.
“You”, “your” or “Customer” means the person or entity using the Subscription Service or receiving the Consulting Services and identified in the applicable account record, billing statement, or Order Form as the customer.
- During the Subscription Term, we will provide your Users access to use the Subscription Service as described in this Agreement and the applicable Order. We may also provide your Users access to use our Free Trial Services. We might provide some or all elements of the Subscription Service through third party service providers.
- The limits that apply to you will be specified in your Order Form, or this Agreement and for our Free Trial Subscriptions, these limits may also be designated only from within the product itself.
- We modify the Subscription Service from time to time, including by adding or deleting features and functions, in an effort to improve your experience.
- Acceptable Use. You will comply with our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”).
- Prohibited and Unauthorized Use. You will not use the Subscription Service in any way that violates the terms of the AUP or for any purpose or in any manner that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement.
The Subscription Service is not designed to comply with industry-specific regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) or the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA), so you may not use the Subscription Service where your communications would be subject to such laws. You may not use the Subscription Service in a way that would violate the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). Nothing contained in this section limits the usage restrictions specific to Sensitive Information under the Agreement.
You will notify us promptly of any unauthorized use of your Users’ identifications and passwords or your account.
- Customer Responsibilities. To realize the full value of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, your participation and effort are needed. Resources that may be required from you include a project manager (tenant admin), one or more Reviewers and Approver(s), Data Source owner(s) and collaboration with web site team.
- Free Trial. If you register for a free trial, we will make the applicable Subscription Service available to you on a trial basis free of charge until the earlier of (a) the end of the free trial period (if not terminated earlier) or (b) the start date of your paid subscription. Unless you purchase a subscription to the applicable Subscription Service before the end of the free trial, all of your data in the Subscription Service may be permanently deleted at the end of the trial, and we will not recover it. If we include additional terms and conditions on the trial registration web page, those will apply as well.
- Subscription Fees. The Subscription Fee will remain fixed during the initial term of your subscription unless (i) you exceed your Maximum data sources or data storage limits as specified in your subscription order, or (ii) you upgrade products.
- Fee Adjustments at Renewal. Upon renewal, we may increase your fees up to our then-current list price. If this increase applies to you, we will notify you at least thirty (30) days in advance of your renewal and the increased fees will apply at the start of the next renewal term. If you do not agree to this increase, either party can choose to terminate your subscription at the end of your then-current term by giving the notice required in the ‘Notice of Non-Renewal’ section below.
- Payment by credit card. If you are paying by credit card, you authorize us to charge your credit card or bank account for all fees payable during the Subscription Term. You further authorize us to use a third party to process payments, and consent to the disclosure of your payment information to such third party.
- Payment against invoice. If you are paying by invoice, we will invoice you no more than forty-five (45) days before the beginning of the Subscription Term and each subsequent Billing Period, and other times during the Subscription Term when fees are payable. All amounts invoiced are due and payable within thirty (30) days from the date of the invoice, unless otherwise specified in the Order Form.
- Payment Information. You will keep your contact information, billing information and credit card information (where applicable) up to date. All payment obligations are non-cancelable and all amounts paid are non-refundable, except as specifically provided for in this Agreement. All fees are due and payable in advance throughout the Subscription Term. If you are a CYTRIO Advantage Partner that purchases on behalf of a client, you agree to be responsible for the Order Form and to guarantee payment of all fees.
- Sales Tax. All fees are exclusive of taxes, which we will charge as applicable. You agree to pay any taxes applicable to your use of the Subscription Service and performance of Consulting Services. You shall have no liability for any taxes based upon CYTRIO gross revenues or net income.
- Withholding Tax. If you are required to deduct or withhold tax from payment of your CYTRIO invoice, you may deduct this amount from the applicable Subscription Fee due to the extent it is due and payable as assessed withholding tax required under laws that apply to you (the “Deduction Amount”).
You will not be required to repay the Deduction Amount to us, provided that you present us with a valid tax receipt verifying payment of the Deduction Amount to the relevant tax authority within ninety (90) days from the date of the invoice. If you do not provide this tax receipt within the specified time period, then all fees, inclusive of the Deduction Amount, will be immediately due and payable, and failure to pay these fees may result in your account being suspended or terminated for non-payment.
- TERM AND TERMINATION
- Term and Renewal. Your initial subscription term will be specified in your Order, and, unless otherwise specified in your Order, your subscription will automatically renew for one year.
- Notice of Non-Renewal. Unless otherwise specified in your Order, to prevent renewal of your subscription, you or we must give written notice of non-renewal. The deadline for sending this notice is 30-days prior to the end of Subscription Term.
- Early Cancellation. You may choose to cancel your subscription early at your convenience provided that, we will not provide any refunds of prepaid fees or unused Subscription Fees, and you will promptly pay all unpaid fees due through the end of the Subscription Term.
- Termination for Cause. Either party may terminate this Agreement for cause, as to any or all Subscription Services: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to the other party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, or (ii) immediately, if the other party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, cessation of business, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
We may also terminate this Agreement for cause on thirty (30) days’ notice if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, or our customers.
This Agreement may not otherwise be terminated prior to the end of the Subscription Term.
- Suspension for Prohibited Acts
We may suspend any User’s access to Subscription Services without notice for use of the Subscription Service in a way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or foreign laws or regulations or the terms of this Agreement,
We may, without notice, review and delete any Customer Data or Customer Materials that we determine in good faith violate these terms or the AUP, provided that, we have no duty (unless applicable laws or regulations provide otherwise) to prescreen, control, monitor or edit your Customer Data or Customer Materials.
- Suspension for Non-Payment
We will provide you with notice of non-payment of any amount due. Unless the full amount has been paid, we may suspend your access to Subscription Services ten (10) days after such notice. We will not suspend the Subscription Service while you are disputing the applicable charges reasonably and in good faith and are cooperating diligently to resolve the dispute. If a Subscription Service is suspended for non-payment, we may charge a re-activation fee to reinstate the Subscription Service.
- Suspension for Present Harm
If your website, or use of, the Subscription Service:
(i) is being subjected to denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity
(ii) is being used to engage in denial of service attacks or other disruptive activity.
(iii) is creating a security vulnerability for the Subscription Service or others.
(v) is causing harm to us or others, then we may, with electronic or telephonic notice to you, suspend all or any access to the Subscription Service.
Nothing in this clause limits our right to terminate for cause as outlined above, if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, or our customers.
- Suspension and Termination of Free Trial Services
We may suspend, limit, or terminate the Free Trial Services for any reason at any time without notice. We may terminate your subscription to the Free Trial Services due to your inactivity.
- Effect of Termination or Expiration. Upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, you will stop all use of the Subscription Service and CYTRIO Content. If you terminate this Agreement for cause, we will promptly refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination. If we terminate this Agreement for cause, you will promptly pay all unpaid fees due through the end of the Subscription Term. Fees are otherwise non-refundable.
- Customer’s Proprietary Rights. You own and retain all rights to the Customer Data. This Agreement does not grant us any ownership rights to Customer Data. You grant permission to us and our licensors to use the Customer Data only as necessary to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and as otherwise permitted by this Agreement. If you are using the Subscription Service or receiving Consulting Services on behalf of another party, then you represent and warrant that you have all sufficient and necessary rights and permissions to do so.
- Limits on CYTRIO. We will not use, or allow anyone else to use, Customer Data to contact any individual or company except as you direct or otherwise permit. We will use Customer Data only in order to provide the Subscription Service and Consulting Services to you and only as permitted by applicable law and this Agreement.
- Data Practices and Machine Learning.
- Usage Data. We may collect information about you and your Users when you interact with the Subscription Service as permitted by the Agreement. We may aggregate and anonymize this information and share it with third parties provided that we do not include any Customer Data or identify Users.
- Machine Learning. We may, as permitted by this Agreement, use Customer Data in an anonymized manner for machine learning to support certain product features and functionality within the Subscription Service.
- Protection of Customer Data. We will maintain commercially appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect Personal Data.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- This is an agreement for access to and use of the Subscription Service, and you are not granted a license to any software by this Agreement. The Subscription Service and Consulting Services are protected by intellectual property laws, they belong to and are the property of CYTRIO or our licensors (if any), and we retain all ownership rights to them. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, sell, distribute, or create derivative works based on the CYTRIO Content, the Subscription Service, or the Consulting Services in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us.
- We encourage all customers to comment on the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, provide suggestions for improving it, and vote on suggestions they like. You agree that all such comments and suggestions will be non-confidential and that we own all rights to use and incorporate them into the Subscription Service or Consulting Services, without payment or attribution to you.
- The Receiving Party will: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party using the same degree of care that it uses to protect the confidentiality of its own confidential information of like kind, but in no event less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to any third party (except those third party service providers used by us to provide some or all elements of the Subscription Service or Consulting Services and except for your CYTRIO Advantage Partner bound by confidentiality obligations), and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to those of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors and agents who need such access for purposes consistent with this Agreement and who have signed confidentiality agreements with the Receiving Party containing protections no less stringent than those herein.
- The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process; provided, however, that (i) the Receiving Party will provide the Disclosing Party with prompt notice of any request that it disclose Confidential Information, sufficient to allow the Disclosing Party to object to the request and/or seek an appropriate protective order or, if such notice is prohibited by law, the Receiving Party will disclose the minimum amount of Confidential Information required to be disclosed under the applicable legal mandate; (ii) the Receiving Party will refer the request to the Disclosing Party and will provide reasonable assistance to the Disclosing Party, at the Disclosing Party’s cost, in opposing such disclosure or seeking a protective order, unless the Receiving Party is explicitly prohibited from doing so by law or court order; and (iii) in no event will the Receiving Party disclose Confidential Information to a party other than a government agency except under a valid order from a court having jurisdiction requiring the specific disclosure.
You grant us the right to add your name and company logo to our customer list and website. You can opt-out of this use by sending an email to PublicityOptOut@cytrio.com
You will indemnify, defend and hold us and our Affiliates harmless, at your expense, against any third-party claim, suit, action, or proceeding (each, an “Action”) brought against us (and our officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with us or our Affiliates to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of
(a) unauthorized or illegal use of the Subscription Service by you or your Affiliates,
(b) your or your Affiliates’ noncompliance with or breach of this Agreement,
(c) your or your Affiliates’ use of Third-Party Products, or
(d) the unauthorized use of the Subscription Service by any other person using your User information.
We will notify you in writing within thirty (30) days of our becoming aware of any such claim; give you sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide you (at your expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by you to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. You will not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on us; (ii) requires us to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on us without our prior written consent.
- DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Performance Warranty. We warrant that: (i) the Subscription Service and Consulting Services will be provided in a manner consistent with generally accepted industry standards, and (ii) we will not knowingly introduce any viruses or other forms of malicious code into the Subscription Service; provided however, this warranty will not apply to you if you only use the Free Trial Services.
In the event of non-conformance with this warranty, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct such non-conformance. If we cannot correct such non-conformance within sixty (60) days from the date when you notified us of the non-conformity (the “Remedy Period”), then either party may terminate this Agreement by providing the other party written notice within thirty (30) days after the end of the Remedy Period. If you terminate the Agreement for this reason, we will promptly refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination.
We will not have any obligation or liability under this section if the non-conformance is caused by or based on: (i) any combination of the Subscription Service with any hardware, software, equipment, or data not provided by us, (ii) modification of the Subscription Service by anyone other than us, or modification of the Subscription Service by us in accordance with specifications or instructions that you provided, or (iii) use of the Subscription Service in violation of or outside the scope of this Agreement.
THIS SECTION STATES OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM PROVIDED FOR UNDER THIS SECTION.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE ‘PERFORMANCE WARRANTY’ SECTION AND WITHOUT LIMITING OUR OBLIGATIONS IN THE ‘PROTECTION OF CUSTOMER DATA’ SECTION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WE AND OUR AFFILIATES AND AGENTS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, SECURITY, ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, CYTRIO CONTENT, OR THE CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ANY PURPOSE. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACES (APIs) MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE, CYTRIO CONTENT AND CONSULTING SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, WITH REGARD TO THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE AND THE CONSULTING SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- No Indirect Damages. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER AN ACTION IS IN CONTRACT OR TORT AND REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY; PROVIDED THAT, THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE TRIAL SERVICES.
- Limitation of Liability. EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIABILITY FOR PAYMENT OF FEES, YOUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION, AND YOUR LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OF OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A PARTY AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL BE LIMITED TO A SUM EQUAL TO THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM; PROVIDED HOWEVER, THIS LIMITATION WILL NOT APPLY TO YOU IF YOU ONLY USE THE FREE TRIAL SERVICE, AND IN THIS CASE, IF WE ARE DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE FREE TRIAL SERVICES, THEN OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
- Third Party Products. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS THAT YOU USE. OUR LICENSORS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
- Agreement to Liability Limit. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ABSENT YOUR AGREEMENT TO THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, WE WOULD NOT PROVIDE THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE TO YOU.
- Additional Coverage Terms. If your Total Committed Subscription Value exceeds Twenty-five thousand U.S. dollars (USD$25,000), then the CYTRIO Additional Coverage Terms available at Appendix 1 to these Master Terms will apply. If these terms apply to you, then they are incorporated into the Agreement.
We may modify any part or all of the Agreement by posting a revised version at https://cytrio.com/legal/termsofservice/. The revised version will become effective and binding the next business day after it is posted.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
- Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
- Relationship of the Parties. You and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between us.
- Compliance with Laws. We will comply with all U.S. state and federal laws (where applicable) in our provision of the Subscription Service, the Consulting Services and our processing of Customer Data. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
You will comply with all laws in your use of the Subscription Service and Consulting Services, including any applicable export laws.
You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Subscription Service or Consulting Services to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Subscription Service or Consulting Services by prohibited countries or individuals.
- If any part of this Agreement or an Order Form is determined to be invalid or unenforceable by applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement will continue in effect.
- To CYTRIO: Notice will be sent to the contact address set forth 867 Boylston St, 5th Floor, #1005, Boston, MA 02116 and will be deemed delivered as of the date of actual receipt.
To you: your address as provided on the Order Form you submitted for CYTRIO Subscription Service. We may give electronic notices by general notice via the Subscription Service and may give electronic notices specific to you by email to your e-mail address(es) on record in our account information for you. We may give notice to you by telephone calls to the telephone numbers on record for you. You must keep all of your account information current.
- You will not assign or transfer this Agreement without our prior written consent, except that you may assign this Agreement to a successor by reason of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of your assets, change of control or operation of law, provided such successor is not a competitor of ours. We may assign this Agreement to any CYTRIO affiliate or in the event of merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of our assets, change of control or operation of law.
- No Third Party Beneficiaries. Nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended to or will confer upon any third party person or entity any right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
- Contract for Services. This Agreement is a contract for the provision of services and not a contract for the sale of goods. The provisions of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA), or any substantially similar legislation as may be enacted, will not apply to this Agreement.
- Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that it is binding upon such party and enforceable in accordance with its terms. You further warrant and represent that you have the authority to procure your Affiliates compliance with the terms of this Agreement.
- During the term of this Agreement, we will, at our own cost and expense, obtain and maintain in full force and effect, with reputable insurers having A.M. best ratings of at least A (VII) or better, liability insurance with coverage and minimum limits of liability as follows: (i) Commercial General Liability Insurance (Primary & Umbrella) or equivalent, with minimum limits of $1,000,000 Each Occurrence and $2,000,000 Aggregate; and (ii) Professional Liability (cyber/errors and omissions liability insurance), with a limit of $1,000,000.
- The following sections will survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: ‘Definitions’, ‘Fees’, ‘Prohibited and Unauthorized Use’, ‘Early Cancellation’, ‘Termination for Cause’, ‘Suspension for Prohibited Acts’, ‘Suspension for Non-Payment’, ‘ ‘Suspension and Termination of Free Trial Services’, ‘Effect of Termination or Expiration’, ‘Intellectual Property’, ‘Customer’s Proprietary Rights’, ‘Confidentiality’, ‘Publicity’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’, ‘Miscellaneous’ and ‘Contracting Entity and Applicable Law’.
- In the event of a conflict between the terms of the Agreement and an Order, the terms of the Order shall control, but only as to that Order.
ADDITIONAL COVERAGE TERMS
If your Total Committed Subscription Value exceeds twenty-five thousand U.S. dollars (USD$25,000), then these Additional Coverage Terms apply. If, at any point during your Subscription Term, your Total Committed Subscription Value is below this amount, then these terms will not apply. We may update or change these terms in the same way as we can update or change our Agreement, as we describe in the ‘Amendment; No Waiver’ section of the Master Terms.
- CYTRIO Indemnification
We will indemnify, defend and hold you harmless, at our expense, against any Action brought against you (and your officers, directors, employees, agents, service providers, licensors, and Affiliates) by a third party not affiliated with you to the extent that such Action is based upon or arises out of (1) an allegation that the Subscription Service infringes a valid patent in a member state of the Patent Cooperation Treaty, or registered trademark (“IP Indemnification”), or (2) our breach of our confidentiality obligations or our use of Customer Data in violation of this Agreement (“Confidentiality and Data Misuse Indemnification”).
You will notify us in writing within thirty (30) days of you becoming aware of any such claim; give us sole control of the defense or settlement of such a claim; and provide us (at our expense) with any and all information and assistance reasonably requested by us to handle the defense or settlement of the claim. We will not accept any settlement that (i) imposes an obligation on you; (ii) requires you to make an admission; or (iii) imposes liability not covered by these indemnifications or places restrictions on you without your prior written consent.
We will not have any obligation or liability under this section if the alleged claim is caused by or based on: (i) any combination of the Subscription Service with any hardware, software, equipment, or data not provided by us, (ii) modification of the Subscription Service by anyone other than us, or modification of the Subscription Service by us in accordance with specifications or instructions that you provided, (iii) use of the Subscription Service in violation of or outside the scope of this Agreement, (iv) user interface or related user design elements not provided by us.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event of such a claim, or if we believe that such a claim is likely, we may, at our sole option and expense: (a) modify the Subscription Service or provide you with substitute Subscription Service that is non-infringing; or (b) obtain a license or permission for you to continue to use the Subscription Service, at no additional cost to you; or (c) if neither (a) nor (b) is, in our judgment, commercially practicable, terminate your access to the Subscription Service (or to a portion of the Subscription Service as necessary to resolve the claimed infringement) and refund any prepaid but unused fees covering use of the Subscription Service after termination. THIS SECTION STATES OUR ENTIRE LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM PROVIDED FOR UNDER THIS SECTION.
- Limitation of Liability
The ‘Limitation of Liability’ sub-section in the ‘Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability’ section of the Master Terms is revised to read as follows:
“EXCEPT FOR YOUR LIABILITY FOR PAYMENT OF FEES, YOUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM YOUR OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION, OUR LIABILITY ARISING FROM OUR IP INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATIONS UNDER THE ‘CYTRIO INDEMNIFICATION’ SECTION AND YOUR LIABILITY FOR VIOLATION OF OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, IF, NOTWITHSTANDING THE OTHER TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EITHER PARTY OR ITS AFFILIATES IS DETERMINED TO HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO THE OTHER PARTY, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY, THE PARTIES AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF A PARTY AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL BE LIMITED TO A SUM EQUAL TO THE TOTAL AMOUNTS PAID OR PAYABLE FOR THE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE IN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO A CLAIM”.